Basic information about the Monroe County
The Monroe County is located in the state of Indiana. This county occupies 412 square miles, with 17 square miles being water areas. There are 137.974 inhabitants living in the county according to the 2010 Census. As for the racial makeup of Monroe County citizens, the 3 largest groups are White (87.78%), followed by Asian (5.23%) and Black or African American (3.25%). There are 54.864 households in the county, while 49,79% of them are family households and 50,21% represent non family households. There are 5 cities and towns in Monroe County. The most populated city is Bloomington city and the smallest town or village is Stinesville town.
- 2.718Remainder of Bean Blossom township
- 4.441Remainder of Bloomington township
- 1.498Remainder of Clear Creek township
- 11.720Remainder of Perry township
- 7.935Remainder of Richland township
- 9.912Remainder of Van Buren township