Basic information about the Franklin County
The Franklin County is located in the state of North Carolina. This county occupies 495 square miles, with 4 square miles being water areas. There are 60.619 inhabitants living in the county according to the 2010 Census. As for the racial makeup of Franklin County citizens, the 3 largest groups are White (65.99%), followed by Black or African American (26.74%) and Some Other Race (4.4%). There are 23.023 households in the county, while 70,87% of them are family households and 29,13% represent non family households. There are 7 cities and towns in Franklin County. The most populated city is Wake Forest town and the smallest town or village is Centerville town.
- 1.337Remainder of Cypress Creek township
- 8.058Remainder of Dunn township
- 6.288Remainder of Franklinton township
- 1.541Remainder of Gold Mine township
- 5.137Remainder of Louisburg township
- 12.367Remainder of Youngsville township